Sprinkler Design Engineer
Surrey, British Columbia
Engineering Consulting Firm
Competitive Salary Package
A great opportunity for an an intermediate sprinkler design engineer with rapid growing company.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary team of consulting engineers. Serving the commercial, retail, residential, institutional and industrial sectors, specializing in capital system and equipment replacements and retrofits as well as renovations, tenant fit-outs, and new construction.
- Provide sprinkler head specification details on the design drawing.
- Prepare design documents to be as per British Columbia Building Code (BCBC) or Vancouver Building By-law (VBBL) and NFPA 13.
- Design for fire pump system design and specification.
- Perform hydraulic load calculation as per NFPA standard.
- Familiar with high pile storage, light hazard, ordinary hazard, and extra hazard applications.
- Review and oversee completeness and accuracy at various stages of development as defined by quality management.
- Provide a detailed observation report during the construction phase in coordination with the architect and senior project manager.
- Able to interpret Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Advanced working knowledge of the provincial building code and NFPA standards.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, methods and standards.
- Mechanical and Plumbing design is an asset.
- 5+ years experience in Fire Protection, AutoCAD, and other similar software
- Strong AutoCAD knowledge
- Diploma in Engineering Technology (Systems) from BCIT or equivalent college.
- Fire Protection Diploma or equivalent college diploma/degree
- Possess good knowledge of NFPA 13
Keywords: EIT / Design Engineer / Sprinkler Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineering / Intermediate Design Engineer / Canada / Surrey / Vancouver / Burnaby / British Columbia / Professional Engineer / Registered Engineer/
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions