Competitive Salary and Benefits
Other Titles: Municipal Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering Manager, Civil Engineer, Municipal Engineering Technologist
Alberta has the lowest income taxes in Canada, being the only province in Canada with no provincial sales tax, and is known as Canada's Top rank academic jurisdiction (has been rated top 5 in the world!)
The Municipal Engineer will mostly be a Project Manager while also functionally managing a team. This role will be responsible to effectively manage all the organization's assets developing, updating & maintaining an effective Asset Management Plan for maintenance & capital planning.
- Lead the planning phase of municipal engineering projects, considering factors such as budget constraints, environmental impact, and community needs.
- Conduct feasibility studies and site investigations to gather essential data for project planning.
- Develop detailed engineering designs and specifications for municipal infrastructure projects
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations in the design and implementation of projects.
- Oversee project execution, including coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, managing project timelines, and ensuring adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Supervise engineering staff, providing guidance and support throughout project implementation.
- Stay informed about changes in regulations and standards related to municipal engineering.
- Ensure that all projects comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the integrity and durability of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Conduct regular inspections and assessments to identify and address any issues during or after project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field;
- Registered or eligible for registration with APEGA, APEGS, or EGBC
- 4+ years of experience in municipal engineering, with a proven track record of successfully managing and completing projects.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for engaging with stakeholders and team members.
Keywords: Project Manager, Municipal Engineer, Engineer, Senior Municipal Engineer, Alberta, Saskatchewan, APEGA, APEG, EGBC, Edmonton, Western Canada, Senior Engineer, PM
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions