Our client is currently seeking an EIT or mechanical engineer or designer who at least 3 - 5 years of experience in the buildings/construction industry in Canada (mechanical engineering). You will perform the conceptual and detailed design of building mechanical systems in an integrated environment coordinate design, produce working drawings and specifications along with support from Associates, lead projects, visit sites, project management and receive plenty of support and mentorship. If you want to be a part of a great organization with opportunity for growth, than this is the position for you!
- Lead and work with project delivery and carry out project management, contract administration and field reviews for projects under construction
- Maintain excellent client service through project delivery; ensuring strong communication with clients and acting on client feedback
- Participate in some business development with associates, including fee proposals
- Review and assess existing mechanical systems and prepare condition reports
- Provide technical advisory services to clients for specific projects in respect to mechanical engineering
- Work on a wide range of project assignments within the mechanical buildings field, including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection
- Preparing load calculations utilizing industry standard heating/cooling load analysis software
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice
- Undertake internal technical reviews and verification checks on analysis, reports, designs and associated advice
- Perform other duties as required
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- 3 to 5 years professional experience (Canadian) with HVAC & Plumbing systems (fire suppression experience an asset), Mechanical Design, etc.
- EIT or registered engineer in an Alberta province is preferred
- Familiarity with the mechanical engineering environment for the detailed design drawings, tender package specifications, feasibility studies, budget estimates, shop drawing reviews, commissioning, and condition assessments
- An extensive understanding of building construction and building mechanical systems
- Detailed working knowledge of the Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada
- Opportunity for grow professionally, with excellent mentorship
- Comprehensive benefits, package, fitness reimbursement & Employee Assistance Program
If you feel that this role might be of interest to you, please forward your resume as we'd love to hear from you!
Only those who match the requirements, will be contacted. Thank you to all those who apply!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions