Associate Electrical Engineer
Engineering Consulting Firm
Competitive Salary Package
This a great opportunity for a Senior Team Lead Electrical Building Engineer to work in the role of an Associate Electrical Engineer with a rapid growing company with multiple offices in Canada and UAE.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a 100% employed owned multidisciplinary firm that has been around for 45 years. They have experience across all facets of building design and operation, including Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Security, Risk, Communications & Audiovisual (AV), Lighting Design, Commissioning and Energy Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They are looking for a dynamic individual that can successfully manage a group with limited supervision. You will be reporting directly to the Electrical Principal keeping them updated with all necessary information. You will make sure that all direct reports are scheduling their workloads appropriately, maximizing productive time and allowing all employees to meet management's expectations all awhile providing insightful and enthusiastic leadership, paying attention to employee morale and career aspirations.
Key Responsibilities include:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Act as the first level of escalation for client and staff issues within the Group.
- Attend and participate in periodic Base Building Electrical meetings if called upon by Principal.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and design standards.
- Ensure that all projects within the Group are staying on track and on schedule.
- Ensure that the finished product (drawings, specifications, reports, etc.) meet the client’s expectations, follow company standards, and are technically accurate and complete (i.e., be responsible for the production quality of your team).
- Facilitate coordination and communication within the Group to support smooth day-to-day operations.
- Inform Group members of any upcoming scheduling issues.
- Monitor Production Utilization & Efficiency for the Group, reporting any deficiencies to the Principal.
- Maintain projects overall financial health, including account receivable.
- Resource for all project management questions from Group members.
- Review the Production Report weekly with Principal.
- Technical resource for Group members.
- Undertake peer reviews.
- Act as Project Manager as required.
- A Professional designation (P.Eng)
- Engineering Degree
- Experience in the Engineering Consulting industry considered an asset
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of QBC, OBC, OESC, ASHRAE and other relevant Codes and Standards
- Experience with REVIT considered an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of building services is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Engineering programs
- Strong interpersonal communication, and relationship management skills
- Must be able to speak, write and read French.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm with a huge reach in the Canadian market
- Opportunity to work independently with flexibility, and take the lead on projects
- Excellent compensation package
- Growing and developing firm that offers the opportunity to progress your career further
Role is being hired ASAP. Please apply directly.
Keywords: Principal Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Director / Electrical Engineering Lead / National Manager / Canada / Toronto / Ottawa / Ontario / Professional Engineer / Registered Engineer/ Associate
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas