Senior Buyer/ Planner
- Place purchase orders & updates, manage call-offs and monitor vendor performance. Ensure all MRP messages are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner and all system data records are accurate and up to date.
- Manage vendors to ensure continuity of material supply in order to maintain uninterrupted production and in accordance with purchasing and inventory policies.
- Identification of potential procurement problems, taking the necessary precautions and communicating these issues to the Logistics and relevant Departmental Managers. Recommend product reschedules to Planning where necessary.
- Ensure that scrap, rework, returns etc… are identified and the necessary vendor communications take place to obtain credit or replacement in line with purchasing policy.
- Adherence to relevant SOP’s, ISO and FDA standards and Purchasing code of ethics and behaviour. Give due consideration to the confidentiality of company information and the non-disclosure of same.
- Participate as required in vendor negotiations and in identifying potential cost savings either with existing or new sources of supply or through improved Planning and Purchasing processes. Participation as required at all meetings relating to material availability and to support new product introduction.
- Responsibility for compliance to any issues related to Environmental Health & Safety and to understand & pro-actively follow through on all relevant procedures & ensure compliance to all standards.
- The Buyer may be required to procure and plan a range of selected products in order to meet product requirements.
- Finished Goods Inventory management
- o Maintain finished goods holding policies in line with customer and business objectives
- o Determine inventory policies to optimise revenue opportunities while minimising excess and obsolescence exposure
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years’ experience preferably in Medical/Healthcare industry.
- Business Degree or equivalent APICS Certification or IIPMM Diploma and/or has a significant number of years’ experience in a relevant Buyer/Planner position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.