ABOUT OUR CLIENT
This position is with a leading consulting Engineering firm known for its excellent project delivery. This firm focuses specifically on residential, commercial, mixed use, community and government projects. Their projects expand throughout North America and are progressing and growing further as the firm develops. With lots of projects in the pipeline, they are looking to add an additional intermediate or senior Mechanical Engineer to their team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Lead, you will participate in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on building mechanical systems for different types of buildings. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing a great service to existing clients and coordinating project requirements with various team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Solve problems by use of requisite knowledge and application of building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Knowledge of the requirements and the process for building permits applications with Alberta municipalities is preferred.
- Have strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards applied to design work. Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices is preferred.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate, support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts
- Attend project meetings as Building Mechanical discipline lead or Quality Control reviewer and support the coordinate and quality assurance process with other discipline leads.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
- Some long distance travel will be required
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer with registration in a Canadian province and eligible for P.Eng in Alberta
- 6 to 20+years of design experience HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in Canada is required,, with at least 4 year's experience working with commercial/mixed use or instiituional buildings (predominantly oil and gas or industrial building experience will not be considered)
- Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Able to work independently most of the time with out supervision, is absolutely essential
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- LEED® Accredited Professional is preferred but not essential
- The opportunity to join a leading firm in Western Canada
- Opportunity to work independently with flexibility, and take the lead on projects
- Excellent compensation package, hybrid work model with flexible hours
- Strong leadership team with a hands-on and supportive approach
- Growing and developing firm that offers opportunity to progress your career further
Role is being hired ASAP. Please apply directly.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas