Title: Senior Applications Specialist, Accounting
Location: Ontario - REMOTE **Toronto HQ
Salary: Competitive Salary Benefits, Bonus, Hybrid/Remote
Term: Full-time Permanent
A well established national architecture a firm with an office in Toronto is continuing to build on their broad expertise and are looking to add a Senior Applications Specialist to their team. The Senior Applications Specialist, Accounting will support the day-to-day operations of the accounting system. They will develop and implement strategies for continuous improvement of the system and stay up to date with current system releases. They will provide advice, technical guidance and support managers with report generation as well as assist with the implementation of accounting system integrations and actively participate in the success of new system initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Develop and implement strategies to manage projects related to the implementation and rollout of new functionalities in the accounting system
- Liaise with VP of Finance and IT to determine system roadmaps and execution strategies to address problem areas within the system, enhance the user experience and implement improvements to the system
- Manage changes to the system, including communicating and training of the Finance team on future enhancements, roadmaps and continuous improvement opportunities
- Monitors system performance and recommends enhancements and improvements to system functionality, including integration of accounting system with various applications such as HR systems, banking interfaces and other third-party software
- Provides regular updates on system issues, upgrades and status of system related projects
- Creates, implements and maintains standard operating procedures for all users and processes
- Coaches existing and new employees on the accounting system and best practices
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- 5-7 years of General Accounting Experience
- Completed related post-secondary education equivalent to a college diploma in Accounting
- Knowledge of Vantagepoint or Deltek Vision is highly a MUST
- Experience in Microsoft Office, strong Excel
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Must be based in Ontario
An excellent opportunity with a collaborative firm that supports its staff and provides flexibility, a good work life balance, a good compensation and benefits package, RRSP, and lots of opportunity for professional growth and development.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Accounting Systems Specialist, Finance IT Specialist, Vantagepoint, Deltek, Deltek Vision, ERP implementation
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas