Mechanical Commissioning Engineer - Associate
Competitive salary + benefits
Engineering Consulting Firm
Other titles: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Associate, Integrity Engineer, Mechanical EIT, Commissioning specialist, CQV Engineer, Quality control engineer, Integrity Mechanical Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Our client, a leading consulting engineering firm with an office in Calgary, Alberta, is currently looking for a dynamic Mechanical Engineer to lead the commissioning process and department in this firm - and to be part of the leadership team as an Associate. This firm work on a variety of project types across commercial, institutional and mixed use sectors, and provide an excellent opportunity to support individuals looking to take the next step in their career.
The role will be focused on commissioning projects Responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Prepare commissioning test procedures and reports; develop and maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklist, and other tools to track commissioning projects;
- Write comprehensive reports which include the following sections: recommendations for optimizing building operations, functional checklists, list of deficiencies, equipment operation and maintenance manuals
- Business development, proposals and leading initiatives for commissioning; provide input on fee proposals
- Review design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning.
- Develop and administer functional tests for various building MEP systems, such as: fire alarm and control systems, HVAC, Chillers and CRAC units Integrated system testing; Load Bank Testing;
- Compilation of all testing procedure results Commission plan preparation ;
- Follow company QC process and procedures Help lead and manage any external resources;
- Schedule and direct periodic commissioning meetings;
- Attend construction and coordination meetings if required for the project
- Interface with clients, contractors, equipment vendors and owners agents as needed;
- Execute project assignments; Interface with project contractors, vendors, and testing technicians;
- Interact with all facets of the company: engineering, design, etc. Verify results of test reports; Assist with field troubleshooting of commissioned equipment as needed.
- Manage and mentor staff - growing and building a commissioning team within this firm
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- 8+ years of experience working in mechanical engineering, with at least 5+ years coming from within North America
- 4+ years of experience working specifically with mechanical systems specifically for commercial, institutional or residential building projects (oil & gas or heavy industrial will not be considered as relevant)
- Experience doing inspections and commissioning on projects, with a desire to focus more exclusively on this area and lead the development of the commissioning team and department within this firm, with training and mentorship provided from their other studio locations with established commissioning guidelines
- Registered EIT or Licensed Engineer with APEGA or relevant association is strongly preferred
- Leadership experience (mentoring junior staff) is an asset, with strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledgeable of relevant building codes and standards
- Motivated, organised and highly attentive to detail
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to come up with solutions
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Opportunity to step into a leadership position as an Associate, and be a part of growing a team around you, with plenty of support, mentorship and training on the commissioning process
- Excellent senior management team, opportunities for professional development including educational support
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Some flexibility with a partial hybrid work model
- Work with a collaborative and highly talented team of engineers around you on some high profile projects
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible, or contact Laura Shalev at email@example.com for more information. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer / Associate / Commissioning Engineer / Reliability Engineer / Integrity Engineer / Professional Engineer / Registered Engineer / / Studio Manager / Senior Mechanical Engineer / HVAC / Calgary / Alberta / Edmonton / Western Canada / APEGA
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas