Design Architect - Lead
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Architecture and Design firm
This award winning Architecture, Design and Planning firm with an office in Calgary, is currently hiring for a talented Design Architect to add to their team and to be a lead on the design in the firm. This firm strives for excellence and fosters a collaborative and productive workspace for their staff.
As a Design Architect, Architectural Designer or Intern Architect, you will be involved in the following:
- Develop a wide range of high quality architectural designs in collaboration with clients and design teams, that meet parameters, project timelines and budgetary requirements
- Lead Design through all phases from concept through to DD, at least with ability to steer it through CD with technical support from others if needed.
- Design primarily for multi-family, mixed use, hospitality and commercial projects
- Gain familiarity with current design trends, building systems and presentation techniques to improve skills and implement them on project work
- Prepare drawings, models and renderings, following office standards
- Prepare and coordinate presentation materials to ensure project documentation is complete and accurate
- Be involved in some project management
- Perform programming, code research, material and building systems research, site surveys and field reviews, laying out program components and calculating program and building areas
- Work collaboratively with other architects and staff to ensure successful design delivery
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Have successfully completed an architectural related post-secondary education - A bachelor of Architecture preferred
- Registration as an Architect with relevant association strongly preferred
- Possess at least 8 years of experience working with Architectural Design, with at least 4+ years coming from within North America
- Are proficient in design and rendering skills, i.e. Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop.
- Have experience in architectural design presentation
- Good leadership skills, desire to succeed and grow professionally
- Have some familiarity with Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural permits and building codes would be preferred
- Possess superior time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate with other team members and to collaborate with other professional disciplines
If you believe this position could be the perfect fit for you, click apply or email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those who meet the requirements of the position above with be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas